Saturday, April 25, 2009

Key West

Lisa, Chris, Kristen and I went to Key West to celebrate Chris' 40th birthday. The trip included scuba diving, beach relaxation, good food, way too much booze and spear fishing, yes spear fishing.


Lisa snorkeled while Chris, Kristen and I dove. Shallow dives, but lots of great fish. We saw a nurse shark, good sized sting ray, a moray eel (sp?), sea urchin, tons of lobsters, rainbow fish and so many yellow tail I was wishing for some wasabi and soy sauce. Lisa supposedly has a pic of a 4' barracuda that was so close they could have swapped spit on her underwater disposable camera. Fish tail? Me thinks so, but I'll post it when she gets it.



Chris and I went spear fishing for the first time. What a great sport. Unfortunately, the winds were rediculous and visibility was terrible because of it. We only got one fish (about a 14" red snapper). We took it to a restaurant downtown and they cooked it for us. You cannot beat fish that was swimming 6 hours earlier, so fresh, so good. Yum. I'm soooo hooked on this sport, I can't wait to do it again.

I have to say it, we look pretty bad ass with spear guns in our hands, don't we?





One of the many shots of us whilst out drinking too much.

2 comments:

Sawin Family said...

Looked like an awesome holiday. The spear pics are bas a**.

Sawin Family said...

bad not bas.